The MSO ClickFox partnership analytics specialists are core to the delivery of McKinsey/ClickFox joint services to clients. Their main role is to work with Client Service Teams (CSTs) and clients to help solve client business issues/identify business opportunities by leveraging the ClickFox analytical platform and Big Data database.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Mykyung Kang at Mykyung_Kang@mckinsey.com.
As a Senior Research Scientist in the Data Integration group, you will be involved in the process of integrating data to enable analyses of patterns and relationships among consumer purchase data, media consumption, online behavior, and other types of data. You will program the statistical analyses yourself in SAS, verify your results, and document your findings. You will partner directly with Nielsen's key clients and internal teams to determine the feasibility of research projects and deliver research findings clearly and concisely.
- Advanced degree in Statistics or a related field is preferred, or a minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Proven problem-solving skills and analytical approach to problems
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience working in a computing environment with large datasets
- Strong technical proficiency in SAS, SQL, SPSS and/or R
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Disposition to simplify: streamline work processes, simply communicate complex statistical concepts
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
Apply to this post if you are interested in a full time role or interning on the Measurement Science team in the Spring. If interested, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position primarily involves applying machine learning and data science to the entertainment industry. Working directly with a team of successful film finance executives, the position offers the opportunity to learn the movie business, advanced data structures and business intelligence tools.
- Advanced programming skills in languages such as VBA, C, PERL and SQL
- Working knowledge of NLP and Machine Learning a pre-requisite, Marketing knowledge a plus.
- Ability to think critically and objectively with a strong interest in combining theoretical understanding of financial relationships with detailed examination of data
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should forward an updated resume to email@example.com.
Note: This position IS open to non-PhD students.
The Center for Innovation through Data Intelligence (CIDI), an initiative of the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, assists New York City’s Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies with improving the services they provide by addressing critical cross agency policy issues through the analysis of client and other data.
CIDI seeks to recruit a Research Analyst who will:
- -Utilize statistical software to conduct data analyses on a portfolio of research projects under the supervision of CIDI’s Research Director;
- -Participate in the design and implementation of research projects in response to policy problems, including identifying appropriate research methodologies and analytical tools;
- -Develop an understanding of the administrative data and policies of the health and human service agencies
- -Develop briefing papers, presentations, and similar materials that highlight findings from CIDI’s research projects as well as other aspects of the Center’s work;
- -Provide support to CIDI’s Steering and Academic Advisory Committees (the committees provide advice and guidance on CIDI’s research agenda and projects);
- -Develop relationships with academic institutions as well as conduct outreach through social media and other means.
Qualified candidates may send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Roads Software is a text analytics company based in the financial district of NYC, USA. Two Roads founders have built advanced, very high performance algorithmic trading systems for the largest banks in the world such as Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Morgan Stanley and Wachovia. We have taken our high performance coding and algorithmic skills to build a text analytics platform which corporations use to monitor communications on wall street.
We are looking for two masters or PhD students that have experience with c or c++ and have a background in statistics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or operations research and have an interest in solving big data problems.
To apply please send resumes to email@example.com
Booz Allen is looking for DS interns in a number of different market groups. Work with internal or external clients through stages of the consulting life-cycle, including business development, assignment planning, data gathering, data analysis, developing solutions, generating recommendations, communicating results, and implementation and follow up. Gather required data, exhibit excellent listening expertise, demonstrate analytic problem solving, present ideas clearly and logically, compose appropriately structured text, work with individuals at all levels, provide input to reports and other deliverables, execute multiple assignments, meet agreed deadlines, and adjust to changing client demands.
The quantitative researcher will help implement the research agenda of the U.S. Behavioral Finance group in collaboration with the existing team of researchers and portfolio managers. The researcher will conduct quantitative research on all aspects of the group’s investment process. The job will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- - Forecasting models of stock and portfolio returns
- - Research on tactical factor timing and sector rotation
- - Risk models of stock volatility and covariance
- - Equity trading strategies and transaction cost models
- - Portfolio optimization
- - Performance attribution
Interested applicants should send their resumes to Jessica Rosa by Friday, 1/23/15.
The Bank of America Merrill Lynch Quantitative Strategies Group is responsible for proving analytical and modeling support to the various divisions in the Sales and Trading organization including equities, rates, credit, foreign exchange and commodities. We focus on developing and supporting the analytical models used by the desks for transaction pricing and risk management, analyzing new products and models, helping price transactions and a variety of other ad-hoc analytical requests.
As a quantitative strategist you will focus on a specific product area within the overall group. Responsibilities vary with specific assignments but examples could include:
- Enhancement of pricing and risk models to incorporate new market or products features
- Quantitative analysis of the current markets, trends and trading strategies
- Numerical analysis of existing models and implementation and testing of performance enhancements
- Investigation and improvement of high-frequency algorithmic trading strategies
Apply here! (Applications are being accepted online and reviewed on a rolling basis through February 1st, but we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.)
Bloomberg’s Machine Learning/R&D team is growing and they have a number of full-time opportunities.
Senior Research Scientist: Machine Learning and C++- Apply here!
Senior Software Engineer / Research Scientist - Machine Learning - Apply here!
Senior Software Engineer - Search Ranking and Relevance - Apply here!
HealthTap is hiring interns in a number of technical, non-technical, and analytical roles. Look at their website to learn about the experiences of past interns in their company. Great way to get exposure to the start-up environment.
Note: There is no separate Data Science internship posting. For summer internships in Data Science, students should apply to Bloomberg’s main R&D Software Internship opportunity (above), and then, if selected, will have the opportunity to interview for Machine Learning roles.
As a Software Development Intern at Bloomberg you will explore exciting aspects of the intersection of finance and technology. The person in this role will join a team that owns all phases of the development life-cycle for some of Bloomberg's premier products where they will be given real world assignments. Interns are given the chance to learn more about Bloomberg while taking part in our software development efforts. All interns receive classroom and on-the-job training to help enhance their programming skills and to instill a working familiarity with Bloomberg's systems.
eMarketer is the industry’s leading research firm, providing the most credible data, insights and perspectives on marketing in a digital world.
Our successful product development interns are excited to code and build projects, focused on the details, organized, flexible and excited to learn.
This position is an internal Strategy Consultant internship with BPS, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters. BPS is an elite analytics center of competency focused on delivering revenue and profit growth for IBM. With direct access to top management, and a track record of achievements, BPS is highly visible and respected throughout the company. Consultants interface with senior executives on a daily basis and produce work with direct impact on the company’s strategic direction.
As an intern with BPS you will work alongside full-time professionals to enhance business performance through consulting initiatives. Your role and responsibilities will focus on an assignment that you will drive to completion through improved business models, data gathering and research, interviews, fact-based quantitative analysis and the creation of project deliverables. You will have an opportunity to gain valuable analytics and consulting experience while drawing on the knowledge of others within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Strategy Consulting / Corporate Business Strategy
- Basic knowledge in Apply Thought Leadership
- Basic knowledge in Analytical / Problem Solving Capability
- English: Fluent
- At least 2 years experience in Strategy Consulting / Corporate Business Strategy
- At least 2 years experience in Apply Thought Leadership
- At least 2 years experience in Analytical / Problem Solving Capability
The successful candidate will serve as an analyst reporting to the Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics (MODA). The mission of MODA is to deliver actionable insight and quantitative support to New York City through data analytics. Through analytics and subject matter expertise, we aim to;
- Support more efficient and effective delivery of services to New Yorkers for greater equity, safety and quality of life; and
- Grow and advance analytics throughout the City
Our work touches virtually every urban issue, including safety, physical infrastructure, economic development, social services, and quality of life. Depending on the needs of the City in different situations, MODA plays the role of strategic advisor, analyst, technical resource, and data evangelist to a host of internal and external clients and partners.
To apply, please go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID #172461
The Risk Analyst will work with the risk management team in order to create and distribute market- sensitive risk information to the firm’s Investment and Risk Committees. In doing so, the analyst will be responsible for ensuring that our market data and internal calculations are appropriate for our broad product mix given applicable market conditions. In addition, the analyst will assist in valuing and analyzing complex financial instruments and transactions used to make investment decisions. The individual will have direct involvement in testing, analyzing and improving reporting efforts, which will provide exposure to the technology and investment teams. As a result, the individual will gain exposure to various financial instruments (securities, derivatives, structured finance).
- 2-4 years of experience in finance
- Excellent academics in mathematics, finance or similarly related program
- Technical knowledge of Excel, VBA, and/or SQL, experience with statistical packages such as Matlab, Python, and R a plus; quantitative programming skills
- Analytical thinker with a strong problem-solving orientation
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in team environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Hardworking, mature and exhibits sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a high-volume demanding environment
You can send your resume directly to Matei Zatreanu.
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm consults with clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
BRG is headquartered in Emeryville, California, with 26 offices across the United States and in Australia, Canada, Latin America, and the United Kingdom. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
Description:The Consultant position is a mid-level consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Consultant will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and responsibilities include: management of junior staff, design of statistical and financial analysis, modeling of financial data and markets, quality control, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of existing client relationships, industry research, and expansion of business. The Consultant will work directly with PhD economists and professional marketers to develop the data and Predictive Analytics practice.
- Plan and manage of all aspects of small to medium sized client engagements and discrete segments of larger projects.
- Delegate assignments to staff, instruct and monitor progress, and review work product for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop analyses and financial models using transactional data and/or financial data.
- Generate client deliverables and make valuable contributions to expert reports.
- Manage client relationships and communicate results and work product as appropriate.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
- Prioritize assignments and responsibilities in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Participate in group practice meetings, contribute to business development initiatives and office functions such as staff training and recruiting.
- A degree (e.g., BS, BBA, MBA, M.A., M.S., etc.) in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science. A degree in Data Science is a plus. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience with a focus on data analytics.
- Candidate must be familiar with statistical modeling.
- Experienced/mastery of Python, R, Java and/or other statistical and mathematical programming tools.
- Trained in standard machine learning techniques.
- Strong skills in data visualization. Experience with Tableau is preferred.
- Creative at data acquisition, including scraping and munging techniques.
- Ability to distill complicated concepts into key points of understanding.
- Experience presenting to a wide range of audiences is preferred.
- Proven capability with MS Excel and relational database program(s) (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS SQL Server, MS Access). A desire to expand those capabilities is required, as is the ability to train others to use such tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other consultants.
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis and attention to details.
- Desire to work within a team environment.
The New York Times is dedicated to using data science to develop better products, make business decisions and reach larger audiences. We have click data, article text data, social network data, email data, subscription data, video data and mobile data available to us. We leverage this, along with statistical modeling and machine learning methods to find insights for high-level management and strategy, build API's for engineers, and create tools for editors and writers of the newsroom. The goal of this role is to help The Times reach a larger audience and develop a more engaged reader base.
Sphere aims to become the standard for consumers to connect their things together. The IoT is an exciting new market that some expect will be the biggest technological revolution since the advent of the Internet. With our app, users will add their Internet-connected things to their profile, allowing them to communicate together (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfEbMV295Kk). And unlike Facebook, we don't track our users' online activities or give their information to any third parties. We are currently looking to fill a number of part-time developer positions. Selected applicants will work with PHP/MySQL or our Android/iOS apps. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
voxgov provides user access to over 40 different document types of official U.S. Federal government news, media and information sources. With 11.5 million documents growing by 250,000+ monthly, we are looking for Data Scientists (interns and employees) who know about scalable machine learning and data analysis to come to our company, make some concrete proposals, and do amazing things with our data. Candidates must be comfortable with implementing scalable machine learning algorithms and the related visualization, diagnostics, and testing. The candidate will work on scalable machine learning projects that can include information retrieval, recommendation systems and statistical natural language processing. Candidates will be communicating all findings and recommendations to the senior management team.
The successful applicant(s) will be working in consultation with Professor David Blei (Institute of Data Sciences and Engineering, Columbia University) and Professor Gregory Wawro (Department of Political Science, Columbia University). A genuine interest in politics and government is an advantage.
- Build statistical models to analyze the data, content, meaning and insights
- Pro-active sanity checking and debugging of data and logs.
- Document analysis and process via code and shared documentation.
- Build machine learning and topic modeling algorithms.
- Build tools and apps for internal and external (consumer-facing) stakeholders.
- Build understandable dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
- Participate in team and board brainstorming activities.
- Work with business stakeholders to help make data-driven decisions.
- Scope and define business problems.
- Translate business problems to data problems and solve.
- Prepare written reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics (or another quantitative discipline).
- Applied scholastic and/or career experience in data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of diverse data and content types.
- Expert in one or more of machine learning algorithms, statistics, visualization, data engineering, and natural language processing.
- Knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficient data retrieval.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects focused on different outcomes.
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate with management team.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Demonstrate interest in and understanding of core issues unique to politics and/or government.
- Enthusiasm and ability to seek out and learn new technologies and algorithms outside immediate toolset to solve analytical problems.
- Demonstrates curiosity and ability to continually ask questions.
- Read and write code
- R, D3, C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- .NET stack (MVC 3, C#, Razor, SQL Server)
- Azure Cloud, AWS, S3
How to apply
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Put the job position's title in the subject line of your email.
- Send a link to an online resume or attach a PDF to your email.
- Describe briefly why you are the right for this job.
- Include your salary requirements in the body of the email.
BlueLabs is a data, analytics, and technology firm formed by leadership from the Obama for America re-election campaign’s analytics team. We help organizations work smarter by leveraging innovative statistical methods and technology to make data-driven decisions in the service of good. Analytics is a fast-moving field and we are eager participants in this explosion of new ideas, new technologies, and new techniques. As we build BlueLabs from the ground up, we want to take the lessons we learned and scale them to address new, challenging problems and new opportunities for social good.
Why We Need You…
Join our team of analysts, data scientists, and software engineers as we create new approaches to help identify optimal customers, service beneficiaries, donors, students, and targets for a variety of sectors including political campaigns, nonprofits and human services providers.
Data Scientists serve as the innovation backbone of BlueLabs’ analytics division. They are responsible for creating new products, processes, and methodological tools that improve BlueLabs’ polling, predictive modeling and general analytics. They are problem solvers equipped with a variety of approaches to new problems using an assorted set of data sources. They are inquisitive, interested in learning about the problems encountered by a diverse set of organizations, and driven by creating original solutions that will bring change in the areas of most value to BlueLabs and its clients.
Find out more more about this exciting opportunity at: https://bluelabs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/32622/
BlueLabs is hiring data analysts at multiple levels of experience. As a member of BlueLabs’ analytics team, you will get your hands dirty analyzing large, real world datasets that often require cleaning and clever transformations. Data analysts are critical thinkers with strong analytical and problem solving skills, high-energy, and who are self-motivated and proactive. They are able to work as part of a team as well as independently on projects and thrive in a fast paced environment, completing tasks error-free on short deadlines.
Find out more more about this exciting opportunity at: https://bluelabs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/32400/
This platform is capable of processing massive quantities of market data in real time, dissecting nuances of market microstructure at the level of microsecond events, and delivering tradable strategies that can be executed on an industry-leading low-latency trading platform. Tradeworx’s platform is distinguished from similar technology (e.g., Hadoop) in that it can seamlessly support interactive, real-time analytics required for the ultra competitive world of securities trading. In addition, this team is currently involved in designing one of the largest databases in the world, in any field, for application to the field of US Equities, Futures, and Options trading. They seek to market their end product to regulators, hedge funds, banks, prop trading shops, and academics involved in the field of finance, and ultimately, in other verticals where their Big Data capabilities can find use.
This position will be based out of their Red Bank, NJ office, although highly qualified candidates who must work in NYC may be able to be accommodated in that office.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Stellar academic record, with original research in computer science or the physical sciences
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis and/or scalable, distributed computing
- Excellent programming skills, including experience in C++, Python, and Linux, and familiarity with Matlab, R, or similar analysis toolkits
- Interest in developing novel tools for real-time analysis of massive financial datasets, for the investigation of modern, low-latency market microstructure; prior experience in finance is not required.
- Develop scalable algorithms for processing petabyte-scale datasets in real time, advancing the state of the art in modern Big Data analytics
- Leverage Tradeworx's deep expertise in market microstructure to optimize storage and compute routines for domain-specific characteristics of large-scale financial data
- Deploy and optimize distributed virtual computing and storage resources
- Work with senior quantitative analysts and HFT strategy developers to implement advanced statistical methods, forecasting tools, and interactive visualizations
If interested, please contact:
CQD Advisors, Inc.
Use your core know-how to solve big problems. We welcome interesting, creative, team-oriented students and professionals with a knack for data from all walks of life. Please contact us if you are interested in partnering with us.
- Expertise: Designer, Data Visualization, Data Artist
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship, Fellowship, Contract
- Experience: Some freelance / professional experience
Data Science Intern
- Expertise: Data Science, Computer Science
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Final Year Graduate, Post-Graduate, Experienced Professionals
System & Database Administrator Intern
- Expertise: Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Final Year Graduate, Post-Graduate, Experienced Professionals
- Data Visualization Experts - (Create amazing civic data visualizations)
- Graphic Designers (Help us design social change)
- Project Managers (Coordinate a project)
- Web Developers (Create prototypes, help us out with the website)
- Exploratory Data Analysts (Find out and tell our clients what's in a dataset)
- Creative Copywriters (Communicate insights clearly and creatively)
- Documentary Film Makers, Storytellers, Journalists (Bring the issue and solution to life)
- All-round Data Scientists (Link datasets and crunch the numbers)
- Academic Researchers (Write a paper, review results)
- Business Intelligence Experts (Create civic dashboards)
- Business Consultants (Brainstorm, workshop and scope projects with clients)
- Fundraising Experts (Help us keep the lights on)
- Problem Solvers (Find and fix the white spots)
- System Admin (Improve technical infrastructure and processes)
- Subject Matter Experts (Provide perspective and context on the issues - see projects or Issues pages)
IBM Watson Group has career opportunities in machine learning, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and engineering. Watson engineers are working on life changing projects such as helping find the cure for cancer. You'll agree this is better than working on optimizing ads, news feeds from friends or building recommendation engines.
There are dozens of full-time openings at all levels - from bachelors to PhDs - as well as internships.
Check out the openings and apply on http://www.ibm.com/watsonjobs
Kimmeridge Energy is seeking an expert developer with a strong background in data analysis and presentation. The job will involve discrete projects ranging from a few days to a few weeks involving collecting large data sets and mining those sets for trends and investable conclusions.
Specific Desirable Skill Sets
- Database design
- Varied technology skill set with working knowledge of several languages and web frameworks
- Experience presenting results a must
- Strong math and statistics background
- Experience with mapping APIs or geospatial programs
- Experience in information retrieval via XML and/or web scraping
- Portfolio of data-driven applications that provide intuitive visual representations of complex data sets
- Able to work independently
- Ability to understand business goals in order to design efficient solutions to data challenges
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pay is competitive with industry
- Office is in Midtown Manhattan but flexibility to work from different locations
Kimmeridge is a private equity investment firm fund focused on upstream oil and gas exploration. We are based in New York and Houston. Our investments are based on identifying trends in geology, engineering, and drilling patterns in order to identify industry trends ahead of others.
Please submit a resume along with examples of data collection programs that you have created, including summaries of methodology and results. No experience in energy necessary. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: As part of the DOE’s Division of Talent, Labor, and Innovation (DTLI),the Office of Talent Research and Data (ORD) is responsible for developing policies, programs, systems, and tools that support the development and evaluation of extraordinary teachers and leaders for NYC schools. The Office of Talent Research and Data’s team provides in-depth analysis linking policies to the impact they have on student outcomes. This analysis provides critical information used to inform strategy and enables DTLI to continually assess and improve policies and programs. The goal of the Office of Talent Research and Data is to provide research and analytics that supports data-driven systems and decision making for how the DOE selects, develops, evaluates and retains the most effective teachers and school leaders to ensure that every student is college and career ready upon graduating from high school.
- Write, maintain, and execute code required for the implementation of the DOE’s teacher and principal evaluation systems, e.g., SAS, Excel, and Transact-SQL software.
- Lead the development, maintenance and quality control of teacher and principal evaluation programming code.
- Integrate teacher and principal evaluation products and data with other DOE information systems.
- Improve the scalability, accuracy, and automation of technical aspects of the teacher and principal evaluation systems.
- Create technical documents, process documentation, and provide program and technical training to analysts and others working on the teacher evaluation systems.
- Explore system methods of increasing the value of teacher and principal evaluation systems as business intelligence tools for educators, administrators and the public.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one year of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming or data communications; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, 24 semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience as described in "1" above.
Please submit resume and cover letter to ORDemployment@gmail.com.
Our team of analysts explores a client’s entire business model and identifies the challenges to growth. We work to craft strategic messages that will move the needle with these important audiences. Infused with this intelligence, Peppercomm's programs then become a tool not just for promoting a company and its products through the media, but for making sure that messages most clearly reflect what the company wants to communicate and what the intended audience needs. BIG is our platform for ensuring Peppercomm's public relations work truly is strategic.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with Excel, possess an understanding of business/economics, have a background in qualitative research, and have strong communication and writing skills. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, full benefits and the opportunity to work at a firm with an amazing culture.
Peppercomm, is an award-winning full-service integrated communications and marketing agency (www.peppercomm.com). We differentiate ourselves by ensuring that every program begins with strategy and ends with results. Our services include media relations, analyst relations, crisis counsel, internal/employee communications, research and analytics, interactive marketing support, trade show/special events, digital, and licensing. Based in New York City with offices in San Francisco and London, the firm represents a host of companies and organizations spanning industries such as:
• Business to business
• Financial services
• Professional services
• Consumer products
Peppercomm is currently seeking outgoing and motivated candidates for its Business Intelligence Group in the New York office.
Business Intelligence Group – Research and Analytics:
Peppercomm’s Business Intelligence Group (BIG) takes Peppercomm’s mission of understanding the business of a client’s business to another level. Public relations firms have traditionally tried to determine a client's reputation with the media and then worked to change it. But BIG takes a more holistic approach, moving PR work from “press relations” toward a true marketing and communications strategy.
To Apply: http://www.peppercomm.com/employment.
One of MODA and DoITT’s goals is to facilitate a more transparent and open government to increase civic engagement. Through New York City’s open data policy – a citywide set of standards and guidelines – we are presenting information through raw data and ensuring that New York City government is increasingly accountable and open for future generations.
Beyond presenting information to the public, these data sets serve as a rich resource for developers, civic groups, and anyone else to build applications on their own. The creation of new apps using City data fosters innovation and leverages talents beyond City government for create solutions to tough problems.
The New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DoITT) provides the foundation for NYC’s innovation economy. DoITT is responsible for modernizing government technology; increasing digital literacy opportunities for New Yorkers; facilitating a more transparent and open government; and creating innovative partnerships with today’s leaders in technology to improve IT infrastructure, service delivery, and civic engagement across the five boroughs.
The intern would primarily be responsible for analyzing the City’s Open Data Plan (ODP). The OPD released in September 2013 represents all City datasets that fall under the definition of public data but have not yet been released. The intern will be responsible for assessing the completeness, technical accuracy and compliance with the Law. The intern will provide feedback to the agency and work with agency contacts to improve upon the plan
- Expertise: Data Science, Data Research
- Location: New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Any
Perfect opportunity for upcoming data scientists to gain real-world problem solving experience with large, civic data-sets.
About SumAll.org: SumAll.org is SumAll.com's non-profit organization dedicated to doing social good by leveraging data. The office is based in Soho in New York City and can offer extremely attractive work for upcoming data scientists with big datasets and very rewarding civic challenges. One of the biggest challenges facing charities and non-profits is the lack of resources and data analytics at their disposal. Our goal is for charitable organizations to reach more people and to be more effective in the way they do it. We connect datasets, create algorithms, data visualizations, data communication concepts as well as application ideas to help solve problems as diverse as homelessness, drug abuse, human trafficking, crisis response or education technology.
We are looking for a Data Science / Data Researchers to help us dive into new data, link data-sets, prepare & clean data, connect to APIs and generate initial basic visualizations and research insights. Relevant skills: Whatever it takes to handle large datasets to gather actionable insights: R, Python, MySql, development skills. Knowledge of rapid data visualization & exploration tools (e.g. Tableau, CartoDB, ESRI, ... ), academic or business research background a plus.Tell us more about yourself! Internship Form
Why Join SumAll.org?
- Measurably impact and affect important social issues
- Collaborate with a great team in a high-velocity startup environment
- Help shape a revolutionary new category of data-driven non-profits
- Catered lunches and snacks!
Contact: Stefan Heeke email@example.com