Reporting to the Director of Operations in the Data Science Institute, the Assistant Director of Information Technology is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the internal IT infrastructure for the Institute. The Assistant Director will work in a virtualized environment that includes a large Linux computer cluster and will be responsible for all IT related functions including technical planning, implementation and installation of servers, network security, storage and networking. The Assistant Director will develop documentation and automated processes/workflows, and will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop IT solutions, components, and interfaces.The incumbent will also provide systems administration support as a shared resource with the Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI).
Characteristic duties include:
- Designs, implements, monitors, and maintains a high-performance computer cluster (Hadoop with MapReduce) for large-scale processing of data-sets.
- Enhances the IT infrastructure with load balancing, fail-over, storage, authentication and identity management systems. Seamlessly integrates systems across a mixed environment including Mac, Linux, Windows, and Solaris environments.
- Implements various types of databases and maintains large datasets.
- Develops and maintains Web Infrastructure, including implementation of Web Cluster and Load Balancing architecture to provide high availability. Maintains current CMS while designing and implementing a new framework.
- Identifies areas for generating efficiencies, repeatable processes, solutions for improvement. Designs, develops, and improves system software written in C, Perl, Python, and other programming languages.
- Improves the overall computing environment through the evaluation and integration of new technologies and practices into the current infrastructure.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on the development of technology solutions. Interfaces with management to report on project and program milestones. Defines, presents, and recommends improvements through software and equipment purchases.
Bachelor's degree required. MS degree in Computer Science preferred. A minimum of 4-6 years of previous experience in system administration, system design or related fields.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
-Must have experience in Linux.
-Must have experience in programming and debugging in shell, awk, Perl and C, PHP, Java and other programming languages.
-Experience with network storage systems and RAID disk arrays, and Network Appliance in particular.
-Experience in installation and maintenance of databases such as MySQL, Oracle.
-Experience with installation and maintenance of LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
-Thorough understanding of Unix based server software such as Apache, DHCP, Bind/DNS, Samba.
-Experience with installation and maintenance of Mac OS X and Windows is a plus.
TO APPLY - Link
Reporting to the Director of Operations of the Data Science Institute (DSI) and collaborating closely with the Communication Team in The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS), the University's Office of Communications and Public Affairs, and the Director of Internal Communications, the Assistant Director identifies and prioritizes strategies to reach key target audiences; shapes messages in support of the Institute's strategic goals; develops and expands a graphic-identity program consistent with university-wide identity guidelines; and establishes measurable goals, metrics and assessment tools to evaluate success of strategic communications.
The Assistant Director will develop and execute an aggressive media relations strategy focused on professional engineering publications to increase Institute's national and international visibility; coordinate and collaborate with SEAS and the University's central communications office in working with general interest media, serving as a liaison with faculty; provide proactive outreach to media by identifying key opportunities; write news releases, press advisories, fact sheets, backgrounders, "pitches" to media, and provide information for the Institute's web site and social media outlets.The Director will lead external communication, web communications, print media, and internal communications; and serve as liaison with Institute's leadership, faculty, and research.
Bachelor's Degree and or its equivalent in education and experience required. At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required in the marketing, strategic communications, and/or media relations fields. News and/or public relations writing experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Must be a service-oriented professional who demonstrates creativity in performing assigned tasks, has flexibility and performs well under time pressure. Must possess understanding of the job at the strategic as well as tactical levels. Must have an entrepreneurial approach with strong strategic planning and implementation skills; the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of constituent groups, including Institute, SEAS, and University administrators, faculty, graduates, students, and professionals in corporate relations and government; the ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously; excellent communications, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage staff and function well in a team environment.
Advanced degree in journalism or multi-media communications highly desirable.
TO APPLY - Link
Reporting to the Business Manager of the Data Science Institute, the incumbent monitors and coordinates expenditures for multiple Center accounts and manages day-to-day financial activities. In this capacity, the incumbent works with Center Principal Investigators (PIs) to finalize and cross-check paperwork being submitted for grant applications; to provide reports; to maintain the system that receives and provides support to inquiries related to Center accounts and grants; general account reconciliation; under supervision of the Business Manager tracks and records expenditures; to provide assistance with budget variance inquiries; to originate (data entry) Financial Front End (FFE) system's purchase orders, purchasing requisitions, invoices in AP/CAR payment system, check requests, P-CARD, time sheet entry, petty cash, and expense reimbursements; to maintain files for Center transaction processing; to follow standardized Center expenditure procedures, promote adherence to University policies regarding expenditures; and to perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristic duties include:
- Coordinates with PI's to provide pre-award support for PIs, assisting them to compile, review, finalize, and cross-check grant application submissions
- Tracks and records expenditures under the supervision of the Business Manager. Maintains the system that receives and provides support to inquiries related to Center accounts and grants. Performs general account reconciliation. Supports PI's and IDSE operations by generating and preparing reports.
- Originates (data entry) Financial Front End (FFE) system's purchase orders, purchasing requisitions, invoices in AP/CAR payment system, check requests, P-CARD, time sheet entry, petty cash, and expense reimbursements. Assists with budget variance inquiries. Maintains files for Center transaction processing; adheres to standardized IDSE and University expenditure procedures.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum two years related financial experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel) required. Must be able to quickly learn university electronic processing systems. Experience with university electronic systems, (purchasing, accounts payable, payroll) and database strongly desirable. Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy is essential; ability to manage multiple priorities with poise and discretion required. Must be a team player and yet be able to function independently and interact well with faculty, staff and university officers.
TO APPLY - Link
This position is an internal Strategy Consultant internship with BPS, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters. BPS is an elite analytics center of competency focused on delivering revenue and profit growth for IBM. With direct access to top management, and a track record of achievements, BPS is highly visible and respected throughout the company. Consultants interface with senior executives on a daily basis and produce work with direct impact on the company’s strategic direction.
As an intern with BPS you will work alongside full-time professionals to enhance business performance through consulting initiatives. Your role and responsibilities will focus on an assignment that you will drive to completion through improved business models, data gathering and research, interviews, fact-based quantitative analysis and the creation of project deliverables. You will have an opportunity to gain valuable analytics and consulting experience while drawing on the knowledge of others within the team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Strategy Consulting / Corporate Business Strategy
- Basic knowledge in Apply Thought Leadership
- Basic knowledge in Analytical / Problem Solving Capability
- English: Fluent
- At least 2 years experience in Strategy Consulting / Corporate Business Strategy
- At least 2 years experience in Apply Thought Leadership
- At least 2 years experience in Analytical / Problem Solving Capability
The Consultant of Analytic Innovation is a newly created role designed to challenge, promote, develop and deliver statistically-based solutions that anticipate or outpace trends within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) marketplace. While foundational systems are established, the Consultant will make calls as to when and how to customize solutions to fit unique client business issues and will also be charged with recommending long term changes to methodology and approach.
The successful candidate will serve as an analyst reporting to the Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics (MODA). The mission of MODA is to deliver actionable insight and quantitative support to New York City through data analytics. Through analytics and subject matter expertise, we aim to;
- Support more efficient and effective delivery of services to New Yorkers for greater equity, safety and quality of life; and
- Grow and advance analytics throughout the City
Our work touches virtually every urban issue, including safety, physical infrastructure, economic development, social services, and quality of life. Depending on the needs of the City in different situations, MODA plays the role of strategic advisor, analyst, technical resource, and data evangelist to a host of internal and external clients and partners.
To apply, please go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID #172461
The Risk Analyst will work with the risk management team in order to create and distribute market- sensitive risk information to the firm’s Investment and Risk Committees. In doing so, the analyst will be responsible for ensuring that our market data and internal calculations are appropriate for our broad product mix given applicable market conditions. In addition, the analyst will assist in valuing and analyzing complex financial instruments and transactions used to make investment decisions. The individual will have direct involvement in testing, analyzing and improving reporting efforts, which will provide exposure to the technology and investment teams. As a result, the individual will gain exposure to various financial instruments (securities, derivatives, structured finance).
- 2-4 years of experience in finance
- Excellent academics in mathematics, finance or similarly related program
- Technical knowledge of Excel, VBA, and/or SQL, experience with statistical packages such as Matlab, Python, and R a plus; quantitative programming skills
- Analytical thinker with a strong problem-solving orientation
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in team environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Hardworking, mature and exhibits sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a high-volume demanding environment
You can send your resume directly to Matei Zatreanu.
3M HIS is currently seeking a NLP Software Engineer to work on our internal services platform, which is a framework and user experience for managing Natural Language Processing platform content. This person would provide features and functionality that interacts with a large scale production environment to monitor processing, support questions about performance, prioritize work, and allow editing of content which drives the NLP and coding process.
3M HIS is currently seeking a NLP Product Analyst to work on our internal services platform, supporting the development of a tool framework for managing Natural Langue Processing platform content. This person would provide requirements, team coordination, and project management for tool development that interacts with our production environment to monitor processing, support questions about performance, prioritize work, and allow editing of content which drives the NLP and coding process.
The Business Analytics Manager will partner with Macys.com and MDS planning teams to develop and execute various sales and inventory optimization strategies, providing insight and management control for Macys.com and MDS teams. Interface with Planners, Merchants, Logistics, Finance, Technology and Vendor Community to develop and provide analytical visibility to support business needs across multiple business units.
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm consults with clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
BRG is headquartered in Emeryville, California, with 26 offices across the United States and in Australia, Canada, Latin America, and the United Kingdom. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
Description:The Consultant position is a mid-level consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Consultant will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and responsibilities include: management of junior staff, design of statistical and financial analysis, modeling of financial data and markets, quality control, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of existing client relationships, industry research, and expansion of business. The Consultant will work directly with PhD economists and professional marketers to develop the data and Predictive Analytics practice.
- Plan and manage of all aspects of small to medium sized client engagements and discrete segments of larger projects.
- Delegate assignments to staff, instruct and monitor progress, and review work product for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop analyses and financial models using transactional data and/or financial data.
- Generate client deliverables and make valuable contributions to expert reports.
- Manage client relationships and communicate results and work product as appropriate.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
- Prioritize assignments and responsibilities in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Participate in group practice meetings, contribute to business development initiatives and office functions such as staff training and recruiting.
- A degree (e.g., BS, BBA, MBA, M.A., M.S., etc.) in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science. A degree in Data Science is a plus. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience with a focus on data analytics.
- Candidate must be familiar with statistical modeling.
- Experienced/mastery of Python, R, Java and/or other statistical and mathematical programming tools.
- Trained in standard machine learning techniques.
- Strong skills in data visualization. Experience with Tableau is preferred.
- Creative at data acquisition, including scraping and munging techniques.
- Ability to distill complicated concepts into key points of understanding.
- Experience presenting to a wide range of audiences is preferred.
- Proven capability with MS Excel and relational database program(s) (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS SQL Server, MS Access). A desire to expand those capabilities is required, as is the ability to train others to use such tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other consultants.
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis and attention to details.
- Desire to work within a team environment.
The New York Times is dedicated to using data science to develop better products, make business decisions and reach larger audiences. We have click data, article text data, social network data, email data, subscription data, video data and mobile data available to us. We leverage this, along with statistical modeling and machine learning methods to find insights for high-level management and strategy, build API's for engineers, and create tools for editors and writers of the newsroom. The goal of this role is to help The Times reach a larger audience and develop a more engaged reader base.
Sphere aims to become the standard for consumers to connect their things together. The IoT is an exciting new market that some expect will be the biggest technological revolution since the advent of the Internet. With our app, users will add their Internet-connected things to their profile, allowing them to communicate together (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfEbMV295Kk). And unlike Facebook, we don't track our users' online activities or give their information to any third parties. We are currently looking to fill a number of part-time developer positions. Selected applicants will work with PHP/MySQL or our Android/iOS apps. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research in the areas of U.S. politics and policy views; media and journalism; internet and technology; religion and public life; Hispanic trends; global attitudes and U.S. social and demographic trends. Pew Research does not take policy positions. It is a subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts. Pew Research Center’s work is carried out by a staff of 130.
Pew Research Center has an immediate need for a Research Analyst who specializes in Big Data and non-survey data collection and analysis to support its research on the impact of the internet and other digital technologies on users and society. The Research Analyst will be part of a team that is expanding its traditional research that has been focused on surveys of the general population and elites about their use of the internet. This is a new position that will utilize “organic” data to explore how people use the internet, their cell phones, and social media. The position will be involved in all aspects of the Center’s internet-related research: including conducting literature reviews and background research for prospective research projects, helping design research projects, managing data collection, performing statistical analysis, writing research reports, producing charts and tables, fact-checking data, and responding to public inquiries about the data and findings. The Research Analyst will also be expected to write regular blog posts about Pew Research data and other data-related research by other organizations.
Data analysis and Writing (40%)
- Conducts collection and analysis of non-survey data (e.g from APIs, web scraping, and secondary data sources) and survey findings
- Prepares data displays that can be used for analysis and writing
- Writes research reports
- Writes blog posts
- Prepares tables and charts and other infographics
Project Development and Management (20%)
- Helps draft project proposals
- Monitors and tracks project timelines
- Helps coordinate team assignments
- Communicates with vendors and advisors
- Prepares press releases and social media content related to research reports
- Responds to external requests for information
Project design and development (20%)
- Conducts background research and trend analysis
- Proposes research topics
- Designs research protocols, survey questions or data queries
- Identifies and evaluates research vendors or data providers
Quality control (10%)
- Fact-checks and number-checks reports
- Checks trends
- Assesses sampling performance and data quality
- Prepares datasets for public release
- Computer science with a social science bent
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with computational statistics and/or predictive analytics and proven experience with quantitative analysis; facility with SPSS, Stata, R, Hadoop or other statistical software.
- Familiarity and experience with a range of statistical techniques, including logistic and multiple regression.
- Experience overseeing research projects, preferably with a focus on technology-related topics.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Quantitative skills, including an ability to use SPSS and other statistical programs to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Well versed in a variety of analytical techniques involved in working with big data in its many guises
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with researchers from a variety of different social science disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Attention to detail, including exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality of all work products
- Editorial judgment and proven ability to communicate research results clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with staff from across Pew Research Center and outside organizations
Applicants should email a complete resume, cover letter (including where you learned of the opening), and salary expectation to email@example.com
The Department of Finance's Office of Tax Policy (OTP) reviews, analyzes, and evaluates existing and proposed policies and legislation that affect the Department of Finance and the City.
OTP seeks a dynamic individual to assist with programming, processing and analyzing data. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- - Using statistical samples to answer queries and evaluate tax policy proposals.
- - Modifying and maintaining existing computer programs that generate business tax samples.
- - Maintaining and enhancing micro-simulation models.
- - Creating statistical reports.
- - Process e-field data: recode sample selection programs, update micro simulation models, and update data verification procedure.
OTPs responsibilities include:
- - Analyzing the revenue and distributional impacts of proposed changes to the tax system.
- - Performing modeling and data mining for the Office of Tax Audit and Tax Enforcement.
- - Monitoring and reporting on City tax and parking revenues.
- - Working with local and state-level public agencies and private sector interests in promoting improved tax administration.
- - Providing advice to Executive Management and the City’s Office of Management and Budget on City revenue and budget issues.
- - Preparing briefing / position papers on tax policy and issuing a variety of public reports on tax-related issues.
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to provide a programming work sample (any language) prior to interview.
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one (1) year of satisfactory fulltime computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming or data communications; or (2) A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five (5) years of full-time satisfactory computer software experience as described in 1above; or (3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
To Apply (Online Only)
Please have students and alumni’s log into eHire at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/careers/html/search/search.shtml, scroll down to the paragraph headed "Non-Employee Login” and go to Quick Search, enter the Business Title " Programmer" and Job ID “154338” and select the search button to view posting and select the “Apply Now” button to submit resumes electronically.
voxgov provides user access to over 40 different document types of official U.S. Federal government news, media and information sources. With 11.5 million documents growing by 250,000+ monthly, we are looking for Data Scientists (interns and employees) who know about scalable machine learning and data analysis to come to our company, make some concrete proposals, and do amazing things with our data. Candidates must be comfortable with implementing scalable machine learning algorithms and the related visualization, diagnostics, and testing. The candidate will work on scalable machine learning projects that can include information retrieval, recommendation systems and statistical natural language processing. Candidates will be communicating all findings and recommendations to the senior management team.
The successful applicant(s) will be working in consultation with Professor David Blei (Institute of Data Sciences and Engineering, Columbia University) and Professor Gregory Wawro (Department of Political Science, Columbia University). A genuine interest in politics and government is an advantage.
- Build statistical models to analyze the data, content, meaning and insights
- Pro-active sanity checking and debugging of data and logs.
- Document analysis and process via code and shared documentation.
- Build machine learning and topic modeling algorithms.
- Build tools and apps for internal and external (consumer-facing) stakeholders.
- Build understandable dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
- Participate in team and board brainstorming activities.
- Work with business stakeholders to help make data-driven decisions.
- Scope and define business problems.
- Translate business problems to data problems and solve.
- Prepare written reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics (or another quantitative discipline).
- Applied scholastic and/or career experience in data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of diverse data and content types.
- Expert in one or more of machine learning algorithms, statistics, visualization, data engineering, and natural language processing.
- Knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficient data retrieval.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects focused on different outcomes.
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate with management team.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Demonstrate interest in and understanding of core issues unique to politics and/or government.
- Enthusiasm and ability to seek out and learn new technologies and algorithms outside immediate toolset to solve analytical problems.
- Demonstrates curiosity and ability to continually ask questions.
- Read and write code
- R, D3, C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- .NET stack (MVC 3, C#, Razor, SQL Server)
- Azure Cloud, AWS, S3
How to apply
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put the job position's title in the subject line of your email.
- Send a link to an online resume or attach a PDF to your email.
- Describe briefly why you are the right for this job.
- Include your salary requirements in the body of the email.
YouGov has a number of openings in quantitative and business roles, including Junior Business Development Executive, Sales Manager, Linux System Administrator, and others. CDSS members will probably be most interested in Survey Programmer / Data Analyst.
The candidate will join our Operations team as a Survey Programmer/Data Analyst. Surveys are programmed using an in-house scripting language based on Python. In addition to scripting, responsibilities include quality control, data processing, and monitoring.
Strong computational abilities are essential. Some prior experience programming (Python, Ruby, Perl, C/C++, Java) and scripting with statistical software and data management tools (R/S-Plus, SPSS, Stata, SAS, SQL, Excel) is strongly preferred. A successful candidate will be able to develop and suggest methods to improve survey implementation, enhance the survey-taking experience for our respondents, and streamline delivery of data products to our clients.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent computational and analytical skills
- Experience with statistical packages and data management tools (especially R)
- Programming experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, C/C++, Java)
- Understanding of statistics and ability to summarize data and manage large datasets
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Results driven focus and ability to see issues through to completion in a timely manner
- Attention to accuracy in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Prior experience or training in survey research is a plus (but not required)
The position will be based in YouGov's Palo Alto location. The candidate must have the legal right to work in the United States. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K plan, and Caltrain Go Pass.
How to Apply
- Send an email to email@example.com. Put the job position's title in the subject line of your email.
- Send a link to an online resume or attach a PDF (under 3MB) to your email.
- In the body of your email, put a short description of yourself and why you are the right person for this job.
- Include your salary requirements in the body of the email.
BlueLabs is a data, analytics, and technology firm formed by leadership from the Obama for America re-election campaign’s analytics team. We help organizations work smarter by leveraging innovative statistical methods and technology to make data-driven decisions in the service of good. Analytics is a fast-moving field and we are eager participants in this explosion of new ideas, new technologies, and new techniques. As we build BlueLabs from the ground up, we want to take the lessons we learned and scale them to address new, challenging problems and new opportunities for social good.
Why We Need You…
Join our team of analysts, data scientists, and software engineers as we create new approaches to help identify optimal customers, service beneficiaries, donors, students, and targets for a variety of sectors including political campaigns, nonprofits and human services providers.
Data Scientists serve as the innovation backbone of BlueLabs’ analytics division. They are responsible for creating new products, processes, and methodological tools that improve BlueLabs’ polling, predictive modeling and general analytics. They are problem solvers equipped with a variety of approaches to new problems using an assorted set of data sources. They are inquisitive, interested in learning about the problems encountered by a diverse set of organizations, and driven by creating original solutions that will bring change in the areas of most value to BlueLabs and its clients.
Find out more more about this exciting opportunity at: https://bluelabs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/32622/
BlueLabs is hiring data analysts at multiple levels of experience. As a member of BlueLabs’ analytics team, you will get your hands dirty analyzing large, real world datasets that often require cleaning and clever transformations. Data analysts are critical thinkers with strong analytical and problem solving skills, high-energy, and who are self-motivated and proactive. They are able to work as part of a team as well as independently on projects and thrive in a fast paced environment, completing tasks error-free on short deadlines.
Find out more more about this exciting opportunity at: https://bluelabs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/32400/
Are you looking for a role with a fast-growing startup that will take you to the next level in your career? Selected as top emerging vendor in the security sector by CRN Magazine in 2013, NopSec is a leading provider of IT vulnerability risk management solutions. NopSec is a company that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity! If you want to see tangible results from your work and get rewarded for your accomplishments, then this is the right place for you. You'll join a team of smart people who are very passionate about what they do.
NoSpec is currently hiring for multiple positions ranging from data scientist, junior & senior software engineerings, and penetration testers.
Check out the positions and apply on their site at www.nopsec.com/about/careers.
In4mation Insights is an internationally recognized firm in the marketing research and analytics field and is known for its industry-leading theoretical and practical leadership and advanced technology. The firm's leaders each have more than 30 years' experience in consumer research, data analytics, modeling, and technology development to deliver answers related to Pricing, Marketing ROI, New Product Development, Market Structure and Consumer & Market Segmentation. The firm has a worked with a number of Fortune 200 companies; our experience includes industries such as consumer goods, IT, Telecom, Financial Services, and Media.
For Bayesian statistics, the candidate MUST know:
- MCMC methods, including Gibbs and Metropolis-Hastings sampling. Exposure to Slice, Hamiltonian, and other samplers would be great.
- Econometrics and/or mathematical statistics, with knowledge of regression and choice models (e.g. logit, probit). Experience with Vector Auto Regression (VAR) models is also a plus; Bayesian VARs even better.
The candidate should:
- Have excellent skills with R
- Experience with Python or a similar language
- Experience with or exposure to SAS
- Skill and experience with C++
- Competitive salary with potential for bonus
- 100% individual health and dental insurance, 75% for family
- 401K plan with discretionary employer matching
- PTO bank – combination of vacation, sick, and personal days
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of interest with an updated resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please highlight how your background, experience, and temperament will mesh well with the description above.
Please tell us about:
- Your immigration status, if applicable
- When you could start work
We are located in Needham, MA just off Route 128, outside Boston.
This platform is capable of processing massive quantities of market data in real time, dissecting nuances of market microstructure at the level of microsecond events, and delivering tradable strategies that can be executed on an industry-leading low-latency trading platform. Tradeworx’s platform is distinguished from similar technology (e.g., Hadoop) in that it can seamlessly support interactive, real-time analytics required for the ultra competitive world of securities trading. In addition, this team is currently involved in designing one of the largest databases in the world, in any field, for application to the field of US Equities, Futures, and Options trading. They seek to market their end product to regulators, hedge funds, banks, prop trading shops, and academics involved in the field of finance, and ultimately, in other verticals where their Big Data capabilities can find use.
This position will be based out of their Red Bank, NJ office, although highly qualified candidates who must work in NYC may be able to be accommodated in that office.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Stellar academic record, with original research in computer science or the physical sciences
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis and/or scalable, distributed computing
- Excellent programming skills, including experience in C++, Python, and Linux, and familiarity with Matlab, R, or similar analysis toolkits
- Interest in developing novel tools for real-time analysis of massive financial datasets, for the investigation of modern, low-latency market microstructure; prior experience in finance is not required.
- Develop scalable algorithms for processing petabyte-scale datasets in real time, advancing the state of the art in modern Big Data analytics
- Leverage Tradeworx's deep expertise in market microstructure to optimize storage and compute routines for domain-specific characteristics of large-scale financial data
- Deploy and optimize distributed virtual computing and storage resources
- Work with senior quantitative analysts and HFT strategy developers to implement advanced statistical methods, forecasting tools, and interactive visualizations
If interested, please contact:
CQD Advisors, Inc.
Use your core know-how to solve big problems. We welcome interesting, creative, team-oriented students and professionals with a knack for data from all walks of life. Please contact us if you are interested in partnering with us.
- Expertise: Designer, Data Visualization, Data Artist
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship, Fellowship, Contract
- Experience: Some freelance / professional experience
Data Science Intern
- Expertise: Data Science, Computer Science
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Final Year Graduate, Post-Graduate, Experienced Professionals
System & Database Administrator Intern
- Expertise: Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science
- Location: Soho, New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Final Year Graduate, Post-Graduate, Experienced Professionals
- Data Visualization Experts - (Create amazing civic data visualizations)
- Graphic Designers (Help us design social change)
- Project Managers (Coordinate a project)
- Web Developers (Create prototypes, help us out with the website)
- Exploratory Data Analysts (Find out and tell our clients what's in a dataset)
- Creative Copywriters (Communicate insights clearly and creatively)
- Documentary Film Makers, Storytellers, Journalists (Bring the issue and solution to life)
- All-round Data Scientists (Link datasets and crunch the numbers)
- Academic Researchers (Write a paper, review results)
- Business Intelligence Experts (Create civic dashboards)
- Business Consultants (Brainstorm, workshop and scope projects with clients)
- Fundraising Experts (Help us keep the lights on)
- Problem Solvers (Find and fix the white spots)
- System Admin (Improve technical infrastructure and processes)
- Subject Matter Experts (Provide perspective and context on the issues - see projects or Issues pages)
Job Opportunities at Quantified Labs
Do you want to invent stuff and crack tough problems with an amazing team? You are attracted by startup life - but mostly the ebullient part where we create and validate new ideas? You feel like you can contribute to many things and don't like to stay on a single project for too long? You want to live in New York, and work in a crazy space where people build instruments for Bjork, synthetize DNA, make robots, and calculate the topology of the universe? Look no further: come build with us at Quantified Labs.
We are alumni of Harvard SEAS and MIT Sloan, TED Fellows and Xooglers. At Quantified Labs, we invent technologies and products in data science, big data and physical computing. We push prototypes and ideas in parallel to rapid validation, and spin off successful projects as daughter companies.
We want you to be part of the core ideation and development team, and contribute to our entire pipeline. We are looking for highly creative people who thrive on being regularly challenged with new fascinating problems, demonstrate every day that depth and breadth are synergistic, and get things done. We are primarily hiring in software engineering, data science, big data infrastructure and data viz.
Salary commensurate with experience. Package includes equity compensation. Immediate start date. Reach out to us through email@example.com.
IBM Watson Group has career opportunities in machine learning, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and engineering. Watson engineers are working on life changing projects such as helping find the cure for cancer. You'll agree this is better than working on optimizing ads, news feeds from friends or building recommendation engines.
There are dozens of full-time openings at all levels - from bachelors to PhDs - as well as internships.
Check out the openings and apply on http://www.ibm.com/watsonjobs
Kickstarter: Data EngineerOur data stack is built on AWS: we use Data Pipeline to schedule ingestion via Hadoop, and Redshift to query and warehouse billions of rows of analytics and production data. Kickstarter itself runs on Ruby on Rails and we use Redis, elasticsearch and manage our code in git -- but we’re not dogmatic about it.
Engineering-wise, we’re looking for someone who has experience working with large scale web applications and who is comfortable deploying everything from bug fixes to complex user-facing features. Data-wise, we value practical experience over formal credentials, but we’re open to candidates from all kinds of backgrounds and seniority as long as they have experience deploying code in a production environment.
So if the opportunity of working with Kickstarter’s data and infrastructure gets you excited, we want to hear from you. Drop us a line with a link to your github and any projects you’re passionate about. firstname.lastname@example.org
Schireson Associates, Inc. www.schireson.com
About You: Your Work Experience and Interests
As a Director-level “Data Scientist,” we expect you to have many wide-ranging skills. The ideal candidate would be strong on all of the following dimensions:
- Data – You have good SQL database skills and familiarity with Big Data topics & technologies.
- Science – You have experience doing data mining, machine learning & predictive analytics and ideally also more typical marketing science like clustering, regression, and structural equation modeling.
- Code – You are comfortable working in R, Python and/or Matlab.
- Art – You have great storytelling skills and a passion for creating compelling ways to visualize information. You are equally comfortable talking with clients as constructing SQL queries.
- Business – You don’t just understand data, you understand business. You are skilled at playing the part of a consultant and thinking through the business implications. You can think like a marketer or advertiser – ideally you actually consider yourself to be one. We anticipate that you will have ten or more years of experience. An MBA, advanced or terminal degree is preferred. Experience with survey-based quantitative market research is a plus, as is experience with advertising and/or media businesses and experience working with Excel-based market modeling and simulators. Experience working in a professional services, consulting or research firm is useful.
Kimmeridge Energy is seeking an expert developer with a strong background in data analysis and presentation. The job will involve discrete projects ranging from a few days to a few weeks involving collecting large data sets and mining those sets for trends and investable conclusions.
Specific Desirable Skill Sets
- Database design
- Varied technology skill set with working knowledge of several languages and web frameworks
- Experience presenting results a must
- Strong math and statistics background
- Experience with mapping APIs or geospatial programs
- Experience in information retrieval via XML and/or web scraping
- Portfolio of data-driven applications that provide intuitive visual representations of complex data sets
- Able to work independently
- Ability to understand business goals in order to design efficient solutions to data challenges
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pay is competitive with industry
- Office is in Midtown Manhattan but flexibility to work from different locations
Kimmeridge is a private equity investment firm fund focused on upstream oil and gas exploration. We are based in New York and Houston. Our investments are based on identifying trends in geology, engineering, and drilling patterns in order to identify industry trends ahead of others.
Please submit a resume along with examples of data collection programs that you have created, including summaries of methodology and results. No experience in energy necessary. Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Position Summary: As part of the DOE’s Division of Talent, Labor, and Innovation (DTLI),the Office of Talent Research and Data (ORD) is responsible for developing policies, programs, systems, and tools that support the development and evaluation of extraordinary teachers and leaders for NYC schools. The Office of Talent Research and Data’s team provides in-depth analysis linking policies to the impact they have on student outcomes. This analysis provides critical information used to inform strategy and enables DTLI to continually assess and improve policies and programs. The goal of the Office of Talent Research and Data is to provide research and analytics that supports data-driven systems and decision making for how the DOE selects, develops, evaluates and retains the most effective teachers and school leaders to ensure that every student is college and career ready upon graduating from high school.
- Write, maintain, and execute code required for the implementation of the DOE’s teacher and principal evaluation systems, e.g., SAS, Excel, and Transact-SQL software.
- Lead the development, maintenance and quality control of teacher and principal evaluation programming code.
- Integrate teacher and principal evaluation products and data with other DOE information systems.
- Improve the scalability, accuracy, and automation of technical aspects of the teacher and principal evaluation systems.
- Create technical documents, process documentation, and provide program and technical training to analysts and others working on the teacher evaluation systems.
- Explore system methods of increasing the value of teacher and principal evaluation systems as business intelligence tools for educators, administrators and the public.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one year of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming or data communications; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, 24 semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience as described in "1" above.
Please submit resume and cover letter to ORDemployment@gmail.com.
Our team of analysts explores a client’s entire business model and identifies the challenges to growth. We work to craft strategic messages that will move the needle with these important audiences. Infused with this intelligence, Peppercomm's programs then become a tool not just for promoting a company and its products through the media, but for making sure that messages most clearly reflect what the company wants to communicate and what the intended audience needs. BIG is our platform for ensuring Peppercomm's public relations work truly is strategic.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with Excel, possess an understanding of business/economics, have a background in qualitative research, and have strong communication and writing skills. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, full benefits and the opportunity to work at a firm with an amazing culture.
Peppercomm, is an award-winning full-service integrated communications and marketing agency (www.peppercomm.com). We differentiate ourselves by ensuring that every program begins with strategy and ends with results. Our services include media relations, analyst relations, crisis counsel, internal/employee communications, research and analytics, interactive marketing support, trade show/special events, digital, and licensing. Based in New York City with offices in San Francisco and London, the firm represents a host of companies and organizations spanning industries such as:
• Business to business
• Financial services
• Professional services
• Consumer products
Peppercomm is currently seeking outgoing and motivated candidates for its Business Intelligence Group in the New York office.
Business Intelligence Group – Research and Analytics:
Peppercomm’s Business Intelligence Group (BIG) takes Peppercomm’s mission of understanding the business of a client’s business to another level. Public relations firms have traditionally tried to determine a client's reputation with the media and then worked to change it. But BIG takes a more holistic approach, moving PR work from “press relations” toward a true marketing and communications strategy.
To Apply: http://www.peppercomm.com/employment.
One of MODA and DoITT’s goals is to facilitate a more transparent and open government to increase civic engagement. Through New York City’s open data policy – a citywide set of standards and guidelines – we are presenting information through raw data and ensuring that New York City government is increasingly accountable and open for future generations.
Beyond presenting information to the public, these data sets serve as a rich resource for developers, civic groups, and anyone else to build applications on their own. The creation of new apps using City data fosters innovation and leverages talents beyond City government for create solutions to tough problems.
The New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DoITT) provides the foundation for NYC’s innovation economy. DoITT is responsible for modernizing government technology; increasing digital literacy opportunities for New Yorkers; facilitating a more transparent and open government; and creating innovative partnerships with today’s leaders in technology to improve IT infrastructure, service delivery, and civic engagement across the five boroughs.
The intern would primarily be responsible for analyzing the City’s Open Data Plan (ODP). The OPD released in September 2013 represents all City datasets that fall under the definition of public data but have not yet been released. The intern will be responsible for assessing the completeness, technical accuracy and compliance with the Law. The intern will provide feedback to the agency and work with agency contacts to improve upon the plan
- Expertise: Data Science, Data Research
- Location: New York, NY
- Type: Internship
- Experience: Any
Perfect opportunity for upcoming data scientists to gain real-world problem solving experience with large, civic data-sets.
About SumAll.org: SumAll.org is SumAll.com's non-profit organization dedicated to doing social good by leveraging data. The office is based in Soho in New York City and can offer extremely attractive work for upcoming data scientists with big datasets and very rewarding civic challenges. One of the biggest challenges facing charities and non-profits is the lack of resources and data analytics at their disposal. Our goal is for charitable organizations to reach more people and to be more effective in the way they do it. We connect datasets, create algorithms, data visualizations, data communication concepts as well as application ideas to help solve problems as diverse as homelessness, drug abuse, human trafficking, crisis response or education technology.
We are looking for a Data Science / Data Researchers to help us dive into new data, link data-sets, prepare & clean data, connect to APIs and generate initial basic visualizations and research insights. Relevant skills: Whatever it takes to handle large datasets to gather actionable insights: R, Python, MySql, development skills. Knowledge of rapid data visualization & exploration tools (e.g. Tableau, CartoDB, ESRI, ... ), academic or business research background a plus.Tell us more about yourself! Internship Form
Why Join SumAll.org?
- Measurably impact and affect important social issues
- Collaborate with a great team in a high-velocity startup environment
- Help shape a revolutionary new category of data-driven non-profits
- Catered lunches and snacks!
Contact: Stefan Heeke firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, New York
Tremblant Capital Group was established in 2001 and manages multiple investment products across the Equity Long/Short, Equity Long Only and Equity Fund of Fund space. Tremblant currently has 34 employees and assets in excess of $2 billion.
Tremblant Capital seeks an individual to join its proprietary research team. The chosen candidate will use both analytical and creative approaches to solve unstructured questions related to quantifying the risks and drivers of growth of publicly traded companies, and on incorporating the resulting analyses into the investment process. Candidates must be diligent, attentive to detail, intellectually curious, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting / assisting with a wide variety of research projects
- Defining and implementing methods of gathering and cleaning data
- Aiding the analyst team in interpreting data and conclusions
- Proactively suggesting areas for study
- Creating effective analyses and visualizations of large data sets
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or related field
- Proficiency in statistics (including linear and logistic regression, time series analysis, forecasting, clustering, principal components analysis, interpolation, etc.)
- Programming experience and database familiarity
- Knowledge of accounting and finance is a plus
- Two to five years of post-graduate work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and process-orientation
- Trustworthy professional with the highest ethical standards
To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to Susie Fuller at email@example.com