Submitting Grant Proposals through the Data Science Institute
For assistance with identifying funding opportunities or submitting proposals through the Institute, please contact Daniel Alicea, Associate Director of Finance and Grants Management at email@example.com or (212) 854-9138 or Eileen Irizarry, Financial Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 851-2727.
- Columbia Engineering's 9-month tuition rate: $21,772 ($2,419 monthly) effective 9/1/16-5/31/17. This is the rate used for government grants with 60% IC and for industry grants with at least 35% IC (it represents 1/2 the full tuition rate of $43,544).
- On-Campus Indirect Cost rate: 60%
- Off-Campus Indirect Cost Rate: 26%
- Fringe Benefit Rate for Faculty/Staff: 28.9% gov't; 29.5% non-government effective 7/1/2016
- Fringe Benefit Rate for hourly student employees (non-GRA): 8.15% government; 8.83% non-government Non-government Fringe is Charged for summer months.
- Minimum GRA stipend rate: $36,360 per year ($3,030/mo), effective September 1, 2016
- For Post-docs and Officers of Research, please see salary guidelines
- Morningside DUNS: 049179401
- EIN: 135598093
- NIH Salary Cap: $185,100
- NIH GRA Stipend + Tuition Cap: $43,692
- For all current fringe rates, ICR, etc, please see the SPA Institutional Information page
- For NSF Data Management Plan requirements, templates, and samples, please see the Columbia Libraries/Information Services Webpage