Associate Professor of Biostatistics
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Columbia University, 2009–current.
- Research Associate/Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University, 2006–2009.
- Ph.D. Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU, 2006.
- B.S. University of Bucharest, 2000.
- Exchange Student, Technical University of Munich, 1999
- Statistical Genetics and Bioinformatics. Development of statistical methods and computational tools for high-dimensional genetic data. Applications to human genetics, such as identification of genetic variants influencing susceptibility to complex diseases including autism spectrum disorders and schizophrenia.
Selected Active Methodological Grant Support
NSF DMS-1100279 (PI: Iuliana Ionita-Laza), 2011-2014
Mathematical Models for sequence data
NIH R01 (PI: Iuliana Ionita-Laza), 2012-2016
Statistical methods for high-throughput sequence data, and applications
R03HG005908 (PI: Iuliana Ionita-Laza), 2010-2013
Statistical Methods for the detection of rare variants in complex diseases.
R01HL093076 (PI: Benjamin Raby), 2009 – 2014
Structural Variation in Asthma
Role: PI of the Columbia Subcontract.