Submitting Grant Proposals through the Data Science Institute
For assistance with identifying funding opportunities or submitting proposals through the Institute, please contact Mark Habana, Associate Director of Research and Grants Management at email@example.com or (212) 853-0935 or Daniel Alicea, Associate Director of Finance and Grants Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 854-9138.
- Sample Budget Form (excel format). Please choose the worksheet that corresponds to the project location and the originating sponsor.
- Columbia Research Homepage: provides a university-wide resource for research; New, July 2017
- SPA Institutional Information page; provides current fringe rates, ICR, DUNS number, etc.
- PI Eligibility
- Columbia Libraries/Information Services Webpage; provides Data Management Plan requirements, templates, and samples.
- Columbia IRB Website
- Columbia University's RASCAL - Research and Compliance Administration System
- InfoEd Welcome to the InfoEd eRA Portal for Electronic Grants administration (for NIH submissions, it is recommended that Adobe forms be used as opposed to InfoEd for the time being due to system glitches)
- NSF FastLane
- NSF Grant Proposal Guidelines
- NIH PHS398 and SF424 Instructions
- Columbia Engineering's 9-month GRA tuition rate charged to grants: $22,432 ($2492.44 monthly) effective 9/1/17-5/31/18. This is the rate used for govt grants with 60% IC and for industry grants with at least 35% IC (it represents 1/2 the full tuition rate of $44,864).
- On-Campus Indirect Cost rate for Gov't grants: 60%
- Off-Campus Indirect Cost Rate for Gov't grants: 26%
- Indirect Cost Rate for all Industry/Non-Gov't grants: 35%
- Fringe Benefit Rate for Faculty/Staff: 30.3% govt; 29.75% non-government (both rates effective 7/1/17)
- Fringe Benefit Rate for hourly student employees (non-GRA): 8.15% for both government and non-government grants. Fringe is charged only for summer months
- Minimum GRA stipend rate: $37,720 per year ($3143.33/mo), effective July 1, 2017
- For Post-docs and Officers of Research, please see salary guidelines
- Morningside DUNS: 049179401
- EIN: 135598093
- NIH Salary Cap: $187,000 (effective 1/8/17)
- NIH GRA Stipend + Tuition Cap: $47,484