As a Data Science student, you have access to on-campus industry information, from professional associations, and through targeted websites and articles. Check out the resources below as you begin your exploration of the data science field and throughout your job or internship search.
- Gather information on industry trends, new research, and relevant news articles to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date with the ever-changing Data Science field.
- Follow companies or industry-leaders by setting up an RSS feed on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Connect with others in-person using Meet-Up and Eventbrite.
- LinkedIn Profile Tips:
Locate professionals in your field and set-up informational interviews to learn about various companies or jobs.
- Through joining professional associations, groups, and industry listserves, you can network with active professionals in your field and stay abreast of hiring trends.
Research known and lesser-known companies to diversify your prospects in a job search. If your company list is getting too long, focus on specific industries, locations, or formation stage.
- Utilize these sites to search for Data Science jobs in a specific region, industry, or company:
Job Search Resources from CCE
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Additional CCE Resources: