The JPMorgan Columbia University Data Science Institute Master’s Diversity Fellowship Award Program
We are pleased to offer fellowships for M.S. in Data Science students from historically underserved or underprivileged populations. Support is guaranteed for two semesters of full-time study, including full tuition, fees, and a stipend to cover living expenses in New York City. Fellows will also be invited to complete an internship with JPMorgan. Renewal for the third and final semester of the program is contingent on completing the internship.
Please note: Fellowship applicants should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Step 1: Review the M.S. in Data Science Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Undergraduate degree
- Prior quantitative coursework (calculus, linear algebra, etc.)
- Prior introductory computer programming coursework
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Uploaded transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Curriculum vitae / résumé
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores are optional for Spring and Fall 2021 applications
- $85 non-refundable application fee
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic test scores, if applicable
Step 2: Apply to the M.S. in Data Science Program
Step 3: Apply for the JPMorgan Fellowship
Prospective students must submit a 250 – 500 word reflection that provides insight into how their identity, life experiences, and perspective would advance diversity in the data science community. The prompt for the reflection is available within the application platform.