- School of International and Public Affairs
- George Blumenthal Professor and Professor of International and Public Affairs
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- enior Vice Dean and Chief Academic Officer in the School of Professional Studies
Financial and Business Analytics Affiliated Member
Sharyn O’Halloran is the George Blumenthal Professor of Political Economy and Professor of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University in New York City A political scientist and economist by training, O’Halloran has written extensively on issues related to the political economy of international trade and finance, regulation and institutional reform, economic growth and democratic transitions, and the political representation of minorities.
O’Halloran received a BA degree in economics and political science from University of California San Diego. O’Halloran then went on to receive her MA and PhD, also from University of California San Diego. Her work focuses on formal and quantitative methods and their application to politics, economics, and public policy.
- Politics, Process and American Trade Policy(University of Michigan Press), Delegating Powers (Cambridge University Press)
- The Future of the Voting Rights Act (Russell Sage Foundation)
As well as numerous journal articles on administrative procedures and agency design, with application to U.S. trade and financial regulatory policy, including those published in the American Journal of Political Science, theAmerican Political Science Review, International Organization, Yale Law Journal, NYU Law Journal, and the Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.