French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADEx) program
The French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADEx) program promotes scientific exchange between American and French Ph.D. students working in similar scientific fields through a week-long program organized in France.
In the 2023 edition on Cybersecurity, 10 Ph.D. students from American universities and 10 Ph.D. students from French universities will be selected. The week of October 16th-20th, 2023, they will have the chance to visit the following labs and research centers for a series of workshops: LORIA in Nancy, IRISA in Rennes, and Paris CyberCampus recognized for their expertise on cybersecurity. The final program will then be customized taking into account the profiles of the selected students.
One PhD student from the Data Science Institute will be selected to participate in this cyber immersion week.
Applications will first be considered by the Data Science Institute. Finalists applications will be shared with the selection committee of the FADEx program. In order to go forward with the application, we ask for the following information about each candidate:
A Curriculum Vitae, less than one page, containing at least the following data:
- Date and place of birth
- Current address
- Countries of citizenship
- Please include the line: “Point of contact at Columbia University: Rachel Cummings and Rebecca Wright, co-chairs, Cybersecurity Research Center, Data Science Institute”
- Names of PhD advisor(s)
- Publications and conferences
- Pre-publications and/or main topics of current research
A Letter, less than one page, including:
- Topics of past and current research. Interest for future research.
- Motivation for the application to the program.
- Thoughts on French-American (potential or existing) cooperation in the domain
These two, one-page documents must be submitted by May 14th, 2023.Apply Here